Our Client is an award winning house builder, and one of the top 15 house builders in the United Kingdom. They specialise in developing distinctive new homes across London and the South East. Due to growth in the business and new site launches we are looking to help recruit dynamic Quantity Surveyors who have a desire to progress and develop within a exciting house builder.
The successful Intermediate QS' will have to have had to had previous experience at a well-represented house builder with a track record of running projects with over 50 units.
- Preparation of the input to the Purchase Appraisal and coordination and preparation of the phased Commencement appraisal.
- Liaison with the technical team and consultants so as to provide continuous value engineering of design concepts and proposals
- Monitoring changes so as to continuously identify the status of costs
- To establish subcontract sources early in the programme so that they can contribute to the design in terms of value engineering.
- Ensure procurement of all subcontract elements of the development are completed in accordance with the company requirements and sustainability objectives.
- Prepare detailed schedules of directly purchased materials in liaison with the development team.
- Develop robust and inclusive definitions of the scope of the works
- Maintain cost reporting systems in line with Company procedures.
- To ensure the health and safety status of contractors is up to date
- To directly manage the surveying function on assigned developments
- Minimum 3 year's experience
- Motivated with a positive 'can do' attitude
- Good organisational skills
- Professional approach and high level of discretion.
- Team player, willing to learn and get involved with a wide range of tasks, including support role to other members of the team
- Ability to work on own initiative and generate solutions.
- Highly IT literate, including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Valid Driving Licence
In return you will be rewarded with a competitive salary and package, plus the opportunity to seek internal career progression and help mould the business moving the forward.